The GTK+ MB-System interface was started to provide a color, cross-platform, multibeam editor that had a switchable bathymetry and backscatter view. The program provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for the mbio library and commonly used programs in MB-System.
The multibeam editor simultaneously displays data in plan view and profile view. Each editor pane is re-sizable according to the users preferences (i.e. draggable).
The bathymetry data are displayed as color-coded depth points using a rainbow colortable. The backscatter data are displayed as color-coded amplitude values using a grey colortable.
The interface has been tested and run on Linux (OpenSuse) and WIN32 platforms.
The GTK MB-Process features include:
- Split window that displays color-coded bathymetry in cross-section and plan views.
- Simple switch between color bathymetry and grey backscatter (if available in multibeam data).
- Edit mode switchs between read only and read/write.
- Beam flagging or unflagging by clicking beams or selecting an area (box) in both views of the split window.
- Bulk data filters.
- Easy file navigation by dragging the ping number scalebar.
- Display options for number of beams displayed, beams stepped, and colors.
- Easy point-and-click access to data file list.
The GTK+ MB-System is an active project at Tekmap Consulting. Development is on-going.