Since 2001, Tekmap Consulting has worked with the Geological Survey of Canada, Parks Canada, and the Canadian Hydrographic Service on the multibeam mapping project at Fathom Five National Marine Park. Fathom Five is Canada's first national marine park located in Georgian Bay, north of the Bruce Peninsula. The survey area includes several points of interest including: shipwrecks, bedrock pop-ups, glacial features, and large sections of the Niagara Escarpment. Products generated for this project include:
- Color-shaded bathymetry and backscatter.
- 3-D Visualization and fly-through animations of select features.
- Fusion with other map products such as sidescan.
- Backscatter training to map bottom morphology.
- Digital elevation model (DEM) building using multibeam and existing elevation data from various sources.
- Data comparison of multibeam bathymetry and backscatter to ROV and towed camera data.