The SonarWave Lite software, a free program developed by Tekmap Consulting, is an innovative tool designed for viewing Extended Triton Format (XTF) file. You can view XTF sidescan files with low or high frequency channels and also sub-bottom profiles.
The SonarWave Lite software is written in C# for the .NET framework. The software is built to run on a Windows® XP or Windows® 2000 operating system. Because the software is written in .NET it may run under newer versions of Mono (untested).
SonarWave Lite Features
The features of SonarWave Lite include:
- Detecting automatically and prompting users with available XTF channels (i.e. high/low frequency sidescan and sub-bottom).
- Providing two views of the loaded XTF file, with a smaller “Full Image” view and a zoomed view in the main window.
- Displaying file information for open XTF sidescan files.
- Adding range lines to help locate features and estimate distances on XTF sidescan files.
- Drawing bottom tracking, if recorded, for port and starboard sidescan channels.
- Using Zoom features to enlarge or reduce details on XTF files.
- Viewing XTF files in grey, blue, and sepia colors.
- Inverting the colors on XTF files.
- Using the Gamma and Equalize features to enhance XTF files.
- Saving XTF sidescan files to PNG images.
- Providing embedded Help documentation.
These features are described in greater detail with the embedded Help documentation. The features are also described in future postings.
The SonarWave Lite software is available for download as freeware. The software is provided as a Microsoft Installer (.msi) format. The installer file includes the main program, supporting library, and documentation. The installer will test for the correct version of .NET.