Tekmap Consulting recently completed a 3D Fly-Through animation of the Fundy Ocean Research Center for Energy (FORCE) test site in Nova Scotia's Bay of Fundy. The animation was created using a custom application built using the NASA World Wind software development kit (SDK). Custom layers added to the World Wind globe include:
- High resolution (0.4m) multibeam data at the FORCE test site.
- Medium resolution (5m) multibeam data in the Bay of Fundy
- Custom KML overlays for the visitors centre, transmission line, and Cable routes.
- 3D Animated models for the tidal turbines anchored to the seafloor.
- A transparent overlay at the sea-surface.
- A transparent cloud overlay.
The animation can be viewed on both the FORCE site, and the FORCE Vimeo channel. The animation will also be part of an interactive display at the FORCE visitor centre.
Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia